Bank of Ocean City
It was 1916, the First World War raged in Europe, mailing a letter cost two cents and the big storm that created the Ocean City Inlet was still 17 years in the future. During this time a significant event took place that would help shape the future of our little town. A bank was created to serve the needs of the residents and was appropriately named, Bank of Ocean City.
Since originally opening at the corner of Dorchester Street and Baltimore Ave we have expanded to serve our growing community. We opened our second branch at 5900 Coastal Highway in 1972. Our third branch, which is now our main office, was opened in West Ocean City in 1976. To serve our north end community we opened a branch at 12109 Coastal Highway in 1990. In order to service the growing community of Ocean Pines we opened our fifth location at 11001 Nicholas Lane in 1997. And in 2007 we opened the doors to our sixth branch located at 627 William Street in Berlin. Most recently, in late 2016, our 12109 Coastal Highway office was relocated to 904 Coastal Highway in Fenwick Island, DE.
Little did those who were a part of the bank in those early days realize the impact their roles would have on the future years and growth of our little town. Our founders and their families set a high precedent for growth and leadership in the community in which we live. We continue with those ideals today.