6:00 – 8:00 PM
2016 Bathtub Races!
Join Us for the 27th Annual Bathtub Parade promptly at 6pm.
The friendly, yet competitive race is open to anyone who wants to compete. Businesses are strongly encouraged to participate – it is an excellent way to advertise while having fun at the same time!
- Driver and Rider must be 16 years of age or older
- Wheels may be no larger than 26 inches
- Bathtub must have brakes and steering
- There must be at least one rider (helmet required)
- No more than one person can push (closed toe shoes required)
- Bathtub must hold a minimum of 2 gallons of water
- There is no limit to the number of wheels
- Businesses may advertise on the sides of their bathtub
- Tub must be under control of a pusher at all times and may not be released until tub has come to a complete stop
- Crossing the yellow line during the races will result in disqualification of that heat
- Runner and pusher may change positions between races
Besides the illustrious “Winner Takes All” trophy and year-long bragging rights, first place will take home a free banner ad on the Chamber’s Website ($400 value).
So pick out your Pit Crew, Driver and Pusher and start building!
There is a $75.00 entry fee per tub for Berlin Chamber members and $100 for non members, payable via cash, credit card or check to the Berlin, Maryland Chamber of Commerce.
HEAT SPONSORSHIPS AVAILABLE! Sponsor a heat and have your business mentioned before and during the race as well as in various press releases.
For more information, please contact the Chamber Office at (410) 641-4775. Make sure to check back frequently for up to date information regarding the event.
Previous Press Coverage
TO BE DETERMINED
- My Nature (Reigning Champ)
- Berlin Shoebox (All-time Champ)
- Ayers Creek Adventures & Baked Dessert Cafe & Gallery
- Peninsula Bank
- Sassafras Station
- Barrett Chevrolet
- Bath Fitters
All Time Leader
Jesse Turner of Berlin Shoe Box
retired his tub in 2011 after winning 7x
Date(s) - 07/15/2016
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm